Attention is the behavioral and cognitive process of selectively concentrating on a discrete aspect of information, whether considered subjective or objective, while ignoring other perceivable information. It is a state of arousal. As William James (1890) wrote, "[Attention] is the taking possession by the mind, in clear and vivid form, of one out of what seem several simultaneously possible objects or trains of thought. Focalization, concentration, of consciousness are of its essence." Attention has also been described as the allocation of limited cognitive processing resources. Attention is manifested by an attentional bottleneck, in term of the amount of data the brain can process each second, for example, in human vision, only less than 1% of the visual input data (at around one megabyte per second) can enter the bottleneck, leading to inattentional blindness.Attention remains a crucial area of investigation within education, psychology, neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, and neuropsychology. Areas of active investigation involve determining the source of the sensory cues and signals that generate attention, the effects of these sensory cues and signals on the tuning properties of sensory neurons, and the relationship between attention and other behavioral and cognitive processes, which may include working memory and psychological vigilance. A relatively new body of research, which expands upon earlier research within psychopathology, is investigating the diagnostic symptoms associated with traumatic brain injury and its effects on attention. Attention also varies across cultures.The relationships between attention and consciousness are complex enough that they have warranted perennial philosophical exploration. Such exploration is both ancient and continually relevant, as it can have effects in fields ranging from mental health and the study of disorders of consciousness to artificial intelligence and its domains of research.

View More On
  1. Jinda

    Attention please: Our forum is currently under maintenance.

    Dear valuable user, We are upgraded our forum & we are working with development, customization and fixing bug. So you will get many changes. Don't hesitate with those changes. We will fixed all bugs, development, customization issue soon. If you have any question or suggestion, please reply in...
  2. S

    ATTENTION* Important Announcement *ATTENTION

    to all dhakambd leader mod/s,mod/product Supporter/product manager, quick response and answer to member post many thread r waiting for your good answer many member waiting your help. thanks for all my team.
  3. G

    All volcano user attention please about 6820 android phone format

    All volcano user attention please about all spd 6820 android phone format your own risk By this time, all update 6820 read write not supported yet so wait for upcoming update 75% chance your set ok but 25% your set hang on logo don't take risk please avoid to format all spD 6820 android,Until...
  4. S

    attention to all member

    hi to all forum user member mod,smod,p,spotter etc i Announce plz don't make new thank,s thread like good .nice etc plz just use Thanks button
  5. J

    ATTENTION....! DO NOT FLASH 6.15 IPAD BASEBAND...Read more info

    important information about Iphones 3g,3gs 8 GB.
  6. G

    please attention

    hello everyone i am a newcomer from GSM HARBOUR ,my name is angela . We have a factory ,we have every gevery ,such as gevery pro , gevery supreme ,gevery ultra and so on .In our factory , we have every box like UB,XTC ,HTC,Z3X,NS PRO and so on . If you want to buy these things ,you can...
  7. J

    ATTENTION!!!*** Important Announcement ****ATTENTION!!!

    ATTENTION!!!*** Important Announcement ****ATTENTION!!! Don't open any executable file or Link sent via Private Messages if you are not sure what is inside. We reported many users got hacked Via Keyloggers sent via Private messages. Like :"5130 contact service repair solution" or...
  8. nerobdms™

    Attention All Smod & Mod

    !!Attention All Smod & Mod!! If you hit thanks button to thanks comments of posts or you will temporary banned, when you already banned then you tell us sorry or mistake, we don't care. so be careful next time about this topic. Always care spamming, read everyday our forum rules, keep...
  9. J

    Attention : Jailbreak Fake [Video]

    We talked before about a lot of Fakes in [Sites - Twitter - Facebook .. etc] Accounts so and we made a post for these Fakes to be always aware of it. As with every announcement of upcoming release (a future jailbreak tool), some benefit from the buzz for release Fakes tools that promise...
  10. nerobdms™

    Attention All leader

    !!Attention All leader!! Any leader post This type topic (like as: thanks, thank you, oh good post, nice man, u r a great, wonderful post, very good)