Lrayon

How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 2.3.4 XXKG2 Gingerbread Firmware

Things You must know before installing XXKG2:

1. This update is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
  2. It is not an official version it is a leaked version,you need to update it manually and it cant done by KIES
  3. It doesn’t require ROOT
  4. After updating to XXKG2 your warranty will not void
  5. If you want to unroot your Samsung galaxy s2 then you can install this firmware and it will unroot your phone
  6. It is not 100% stable version , but you will never feel that its an incomplete version
  7. It is only applicable to Unlocked devices, devices running under contract and locked with network are not compatible
  8. You can update any Samsung Galaxy S2 Phone with this update irrespective of region and place
Improvements in XXKG2 Gingerbread 2.3.4 :

1. Improved battery backup than all other previous versions.
  2. Problems with android market is fixed
  3. Force close and cache errors are fixed
  4. GPS bug fixed
  5. Faster internet than all version
Preparing things before upgrading:

1. backup everything ,sync contacts with Google account. move all data from internal memory to SD card. for data error prevention you can save all things to PC
  2. also your APN,MMS settings will reset. you can also Note down them if your network provider is lazy to sending settings on request
  3. Remove SIM card and external Micro SD cards
  4. at least 50% battery power is required , I recommend 80%
REQUIREMENTS:
Download complete package from here Hit a big thanks to androidadvices they have uploaded this big package for us.
Instruction for updating Samsung Galaxy S2 to android 2.3.4 gingerbread XXKG2 firmware.

1. Extract downloaded package using password = androidadvices.com
    after extracting you will see files as shown in picture below

2. Run “ODIN3 v1.83.exe” from the extracted folder
  3. Now switch off your phone
  4. boot it in download mode , to do that press and hold volume down and middle key and while holding both press power on key

Galaxy-S2-Download-Mode-281x300_thumb.jpg

if your phone is unable to boot in download mode don’t proceed to next step ,please try again until it boot in download mode​
  5. After booting in download mode connect your phone to PC with the help of USB cable. when you will connect your phone to PC you will see first box from left in ODIN will turn yellow and below it you will see “ADDED” appears in message box ,it means your phone is successfully connected to pc and all drivers required for flashing are also loaded successfully.

6. Now its time to select firmware files from the extracted package , please double check before proceeding to next step that you have selected correct file for each box

Click on PIT and select u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit,Click on PDA and select CODE_I9100XXKG2_CL375027_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.m d5,
    Click Phone and select MODEM_I9100XXKG2_REV_02_CL1037208.tar.md5,
    Click on CSC and select GT-I9100-CSC-MULTI-OXAKG2.tar.md5,
  7. Now check that ‘Reboot’, and ‘F.Reset Time’ are turned on. [see image below]

8. Now hit “START” button located in right side of ODIN
  9. it will take about 5 minutes to complete updating process , after it update your phone successfully, you will saw first box from top left will turn Green and shows “PASS” message. and device will reboot itself

10. After your phone automatically reboots unplug USB cable from PC
  11. Now remove all the cache memory of previous Firmware stored in phone, to do that Dial*2767*3855**
  12. to confirm you have updated successfully dial ***1234** , and you will see Gingerbread 2.3.4 XXKG2 on screen