Kochima

Can you share your knowledge which processor is better as Exynos 5 Octa & Snapdragon.

I see the Samsung s4 GT-I9500 using Exynos 5 Octa and Samsung s4 GT-I9505 using Snapdragon 600, is there any explanation about two types cpu?

IMEI Source

Staff member
Product Supporter
As i know, The Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 600 chipset, while the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 relies on Samsung's own Exynos 5 Octa chipset, which, as its name implies, makes use of no less than eight CPU cores.
The Galaxy S4 Octa is available only on a few select markets, and the Snapdragon 600 version is shaping up to be what we like to call the "international" model. Despite what some would have you believe, the reason for pushing the (initially intended only for the US) Snapdragon version to international markets is not its exclusive LTE support. It seems both chipsets are perfectly capable of providing LTE connectivity. It's manufacturing issues that Samsung is blaming for the low production numbers of its home-brewed Exynos 5 Octa chipset. This is the reason behind the shift of the Snapdragon 600 into being the more widely available offering.